Re: LDAP Servers as Multiple-Master?

Currently there is a LDUP working group that is addressing the issue of standards for LDAP replication.
I do not think any slapd implementation use multi-master but several other server providers do. (ie. eDirectory from Novell and W2K from Microsoft.)

-jim

Nalneesh Gaur wrote:

As I understand it SLAPD only has the ability to update from the master to
slave akin to the DNS Master slave model.  Is it possible to ring the
master-slaves to have multiple-master?  I am afraid that this would result
in an endless loop of replication. This is key because as of now the slave
happily accepts modifications but will not replicate it to the master.  In
the current scenario the slave is most useful as a read-only database.  has
anyone had experience with this such that LDAP is configured as a
multiple-master?

Your thoughts

CM