Re: ldapsearch 2.0.7 _way_ slower than 1.2.11...help?

At 09:38 AM 3/23/01 -0500, Paul D. Smith wrote:
>Sorry for the repeat; I got no response to my first request so I wanted
>to make sure it got through to the list.

If you got your copy and it's in the archives, you can assume everyone
else has it, too.

>Should I send this to openldap-devel as well/instead?  Thanks!

no.  This is the appropriate forum for asking use questions.
If you don't get an answer after a few days, try rewording
your message and providing additional details.

>Our company is using Critical Path ("Live Content Directory"), formerly
>known as ICL i500, LDAP servers running on Solaris.

Lots of folks might have stopped reading at this point.

>I have both OpenLDAP 1.2.11 and 2.0.7

Note that OpenLDAP 1.x support LDAPv2+ and OpenLDAP 2.x
supports LDAPv3.  Unless you provide DIFFERENT options to
each, they will not behave in the same manner.  In particular,
by default, 2.x clients will attempt to use SASL authentication
unless disabled.  This could easily account for the delay.

Kurt