new schema

I am creating a new Schema file for hardware inventory.

This is my initial schema file:

attributetype(x.x.x.x NAME 'collectivehostName'
      SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26
      EQUALITY caseExactMatch
      )

objectclass(x.x.x.x NAME 'collectiveserverHostName'
      SYNTAX   'top'
      MUST collectivehostName
      )

I am very confused on how to add this to the slapd.conf file and what format the ldif file should be created. I am trying to include hostnames in the file. Also, if I have included the core.schema file and my schema file can I use the attributes from both files in my custmoized ldif file for hostname.

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Uma