Re: [ldap-nis] Re: md5 password problem! pam_ldap or openldap problem?

Thus spake Paulo Matos:

>	So, we may that even if user password was wrong he would still be
> able to log in? Or  pam_ldap after bind anonymously, fetch the md5
> passwd and compare them (I didn't see that code in pam_ldap).

Yes, the latter.  That's how pam_ldap is supposed to work.  It's possible
that pam_ldap passes the password to another module for comparison;
I've never read the code.

Wil
--
W. Reilly Cooley                         wcooley@nakedape.cc
Naked Ape Consulting                      http://nakedape.cc

The penalty for laughing in a courtroom is six months in jail; if it
were not for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence.
		-- H. L. Mencken