Using OpenLDAP-2.0.7 as proxy

I compiled the package on Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 and can use it as
directory server.

Then I compiled the package on another OpenLinux 2.3 with the
--enable-ldap=yes --with-ldap-module=static
and made the slapd.conf as
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
sizelimit       1000
pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args
defaultsearchbase "dc=finnet-hk,dc=net"
database        ldap
uri             ldap://172.15.207.10
suffix          "dc=finnet-hk,dc=net"

I started the process with -d 256 and submitted the request
ldapsearch "(cn=*phil*)"

The slapd crashed with output
conn=4 op=1 SRCH base="" scope=2 filter="(cn=*phil*)"
ber_flush: 14 bytes to sd 10
request 1 done
ber_flush: 59 bytes to sd 10
slapd: ad.c:99: slap_bv2ad: Assertion `*ad == ((void *)0)' failed.
Aborted

May anyone tell me what is wrong with my set up? Many thanks.

Regards,
Philip

This message is intended only for use of the addressee and may  contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this
error, please notify us immediately by reply and delete this message from your
system.