Re: refresh the entire directory

On 3/21/01 15:10, "Bing Du" <Bing-Du@cis-gw.tamu.edu> wrote:
the directory itself doesn't have that many entries, it's a bit over 1000
right now.

since the refresh tool is actually keeping timestamped logs i can give you
some data:

* retrieving all records from postgres and creating the LDIF: 10 seconds
* building the ldap database using slapadd: 15 seconds

slapd is brought down for the second step when the databases are built. and
yes, it's obviously unavailable for lookup access during that time.

you could decrease the slapd downtime by a lot if you create the ldap
database somewhere on the side with slapadd and then simply stop slapd for
the instant it takes to move the already created database in place of the
old one.

jens