Re: UW-IMAP auth via PAM & LDAP

Mike Coughlan wrote:

> Here are the files. I've never made any changes to nsswitch.conf, and don't
> believe it is relevant. I only want IMAP auth for now.
>
> The FAQs I've read all make sense.  I think the key will be understanding
> the debugging info.
>
> Thanks for the help.

I, you have a miss configuration on your slapd.conf.

Remove the spaces between: o=GBB, c=US, and the same aplies to rootdn entry,

On your nsswitch, you have to replace:

passwd:    files nis
shadow:    files nis
group:        files nis

with:

passwd:    files ldap
shadow:    files ldap
group:        files ldap

Those options, tels to the authentication modules (PAM_LDAP throw PAM ), where
to search for.

By the way, can you post the pakages you have installed to get LDAP
authentication?

Regars
Miguel Carvalho