Re: Auth pro w/ IMAP & LDAP

Mike Coughlan wrote:
> Is anyone successfully authenticating against LDAP for UW-IMAP? I believe I
> am close, but for each attempt, I see the following errors. I suspect I am
> missing some lines in PAM to set the home directories and other things that
> cyrus does not care about. Any suggestions on what other test to run?

Well, you could run the pam modules in debug mode... here's my stack for
/etc/pam.d/imap, on RH 6.2, authing against openldap, using pam_ldap, where
the pam stack looks into LDAP first, and if it fails, fall back to conventional
(system) settings.
#%PAM-1.0
auth        sufficient  /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
account     sufficient  /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
auth    required        pam_pwdb.so     nodelay md5 shadow
account required        pam_pwdb.so     nodelay md5 shadow

Did you make sure /etc/ldap.conf was working properly, forst?

-Bop

--2D426F70|759328624|00101101010000100110111101110000
Personal:  ron@opus1.com, 520-326-6109, http://www.opus1.com/ron/
Work: rchmara@pnsinc.com, 520-546-8993, http://www.pnsinc.com/
The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of myself,
my employers, or any of the other little voices in my head.