Re: Problem with install...

Ooops, found my problem,

With all the installs of different  version of openldap, I had 2 different
slapd files laying around.  Worked too late...  Sorry for the posting.

Francois

> Hi all,
>
> In order to have a v2 ldap compliant installation, I have install the
> latest OpenLdap tar  (2.0.7) file on a Linux, Mandrake 7.2.  Install went
> well (except that the "make test" last 3 hours!).
>
> First time I launch slapd, here is what I get in sys log:
>
> Mar 16 23:33:07 brevas slapd[20899]:
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 91: unknown directive
> "attributetype" outside database definition (ignored)
> Mar 16 23:33:07 brevas slapd[20899]:
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 94: unknown directive
> "attributetype" outside database definition (ignored)
> Mar 16 23:33:07 brevas slapd[20899]:
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 97: unknown directive
> "attributetype" outside database definition (ignored)
> Mar 16 23:33:07 brevas slapd[20899]:
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 100: unknown directive
> "attributetype" outside database definition (ignored)
> Mar 16 23:33:07 brevas slapd[20899]:
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 103: unknown directive
> "attributetype" outside database definition (ignored)
> Mar 16 23:33:07 brevas slapd[20899]:
> /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema: line 107: unknown directive
> "attributetype" outside database definition (ignored)
>
> Here is my slapd.conf:
>
> include  /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
>
> pidfile  /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
> argsfile /usr/local/var/slapd.args
>
> database ldbm
> suffix "o=Terion.com"
> rootdn "cn=root, o=Terion.com"
> rootpw {crypt}7T9fX69dNAK3s
> directory /var/lib/ldap
> index objectClass eq
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Francois
>
> --
> Linux, the choice          | NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!
> of a GNU generation   -o)  |
>
> Kernel 2.2.17-21       /\  |
> on a i686             _\_v |

Linux, the choice          | Contemptuous lights flashed flashed across
of a GNU generation   -o)  | the computer's console. -- Hitchhiker's
Kernel 2.2.17-21       /\  | Guide to the Galaxy
on a i686             _\_v |