RE: Active Directory users and groups lists

Hi,

>   I am trying to query a MS Active Directory server using LDAP for the
> users/groups that are defined for that server. I am using
> this command line
> from a Linux box
>
>   ldapsearch -h adserver.mydomain.com -b 'cn=users,dc=mydomain,dc=com'
> 'objectclass=*'
>
> without too much success. At the previous command
> 'ldapsearch' doesn't say
> anything. If I try 'ou=users' instead of 'cn=users', I am told:

you have to give the anonymous user read access to the users container.
By default only authenticated users have read access. For security
reasons it would be a good idea to put your real users in a new
organizational unit and give it anonymous read access. As search base
should be given:
ou=<Your_OU_structure>,dc=<Second_level_domain>,dc=<First_level_domain>.
I tested it and it works great.

Good luck,

Gottfried

--
Gottfried Hamm
Phone +49 (6249) 905005 | Fax +49 (6249) 905004