Re: Problem with SASL and GSSAPI

Quoting Jean-Eric Cuendet <Jean-Eric.Cuendet@linkvest.com>:

> Here are the results of my commands:
>
> [root@testbed openldap]#
> [root@testbed openldap]# ldapmodify -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=linkvest,dc=com" -w
> asd -f sample.ldif -r
> modifying entry "dc=linkvest,dc=com"
>
> modifying entry "cn=Manager,dc=linkvest,dc=com"
>
> modifying entry "dc=Users,dc=linkvest,dc=com"
> ldap_modify: No such object
>         matched DN: "dc=linkvest,dc=com"

You're trying to modify a non existing object. Create the
object "dc=Users,dc=linkvest,dc=com" first.

If you had read the error message, you would understand.
'No such object' means, that right, there is no such
object.....

> [root@testbed openldap]# ldapmodify -D "cn=Manager,dc=linkvest,dc=com" -f
> sample.ldif -r -W
> Enter LDAP Password:
> SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error

If using -D, -W and -w, then you must use -x to (you're using simple
bind). If you want to use GSSAPI bind, use -I or -U (AFTER running
kinit).

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are