Solaris8 + OpenLDAP + nss_ldap + automounter

All,

I'm using PADLs nss_ldap library, OpenLDAP v1.2.11 (client side
and server side) and Solaris8.

I have user and host resolution working just fine through this
LDAP setup.  I was aiming to setup automounter maps as well, and
have the standard nismap/nisobject entries in my directory.

So I notice that automountd is linked to Sun's /usr/lib/libldap.so.4
directly, and seems to be ignoring nss_ldap and the
/usr/lib/openldap/libldap.so.1 I have installed completely.  This
does not work in my setup.

Am I stuck using Sun's client if I want to use LDAP for automounter
maps?  Of course, Sun's client wants LDAPv3, which OpenLDAP 1.2.11
is not, so there's another headache.

Any help?  Should I file this as a bug with Sun?

TIA,
-Dave

--
David L. Armstrong