Re: referrals to foreign directory tree?

Hi, thank you for all advices.

I could add the suggested naming context with openldap v 2.0.7
(recent version) below and it works.; something like

dn: c=US
objectclass: top
objectclass: country
objectclass: referral
objectclass: extensibleObject
c: US
ref: ldap://ldap_for_US:port/c=US

> >1) Add new naming contexts (suffixes) to each of your servers: suffix
> >"c=US" to the first one, suffix "c=JP" to the second one;
> >2) Create new entries of the referral objectClass in each server: again,
> >in the first:
> >dn: c=US
> >objectclass: top
> >objectclass: country
> >objectclass: referral
> >c: US
> >ref: ldap://<server_for_US:port>/c=US
>
> This is an invalid entry.  An entry cannot be both a country
> and a referral.  s/country/extensibleObject/
>
> (a later version of OpenLDAP will catch these object class
> violations)

Regards,

Kiyoshi Watanabe