OpenLDAP Performance suitable for an ISP environment?

Hi all,

    I'm considering the posibility of installing OpenLDAP and Qmail as
part of the electronic mail architecture of an ISP. The ISP should
manage over 100.000 entries. Which is the performance should I expect
from OpenLDAP under these circumstances? Is it reasonable to use it in
this environment? I know the performance will not be like that offered
by commercial servers (iPlanet, for example) but, if the degradation is
not severe, it can be a serious alternative.

    If the answer to the above questions is positive, which should be
the recommended hardware platform and/or configuration requisites?

    Thanks,

    Amalio.

begin:vcard
n:Nieto;Amalio F.
tel;fax:+34 91 806 40 41
tel;work:+34 91 806 46 40
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.sgi.es
org:SGI (Soluciones Globales Internet) GMV S.A.
adr:;;Sector Foresta 1, 2ª planta;Tres Cantos;Madrid;28760;Spain
version:2.1
email;internet:anieto@sgi.es
fn:Amalio F. Nieto Serrano
end:vcard