Re: ldbm: ==> set_cachesize: method meaningless in shared environment

Referring to message
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200010/msg00245.html
I noticed that my syslog's are filled with the message reported in the
subject.
I browsed thru the code, and I noticed that the message results from the
call

ret->set_cachesize( ret, 0, dbcachesize, 0 );

that is performed in ldbm_open (libldbm). As such function returns an
exit
status, wouldn't it be a good idea to catch the case in which the
operation
is meaningless and stop performing it at every database open? I get from

Kurt's reply that the message can be safley ignored, but syslogging
useless
messages may represent a waste of resources in case of heavily loaded
server. I can look more deeply at the code, though I'm not familiar with
ldbm
stuff.

Pierangelo.

--