Re: Openssl random number generator

> Now, being the newbie that I am to all this, can anyone help with the
> prng seed error, running under Solaris 8? Any and all help is more
> than greatly appreciated...

i believe the problem is that solaris doesn't have /dev/random or
/dev/urandom so there is no entropy source for crypt programs to use.
you need to get an entropy source.  the one i use is called andirand (and
i use it cause it was the first one i found) is at:

http://www.cryptoarchive.net/pub/cryptoarchive/ftp-site/solaris-8.0/sparc/random/

it works to compile openssl and gnupg etc, but i can't vouch for how good
an entropy source it really is.

adam.