2.0.7;BerkeleyDB;GNU pth and Linux

Carrie Coy wrote:

> Does anybody have the following working?
>    OpenLDAP 2.0.7
>    Berkeley DB 3.1 (.17)
>    GNU pth 1.3.7    (or .6)
>    RH Linux kernel 2.2.12smp
>
> If so, I'd very much appreciate a post of your configure syntaxes.  slapd
> seems to runs fine using the verboten LinuxThreads0.8 but fails on the first
> test using GNU Pth threads with the message:
>
> ldap_pvt_thread_pool_submit failed (-1)
>
> (Since LinuxThreads *seems* to be working, can some explain what can go
> wrong using a preemptive threading package in an LDAP environment?)
> --
> Carrie Coy
>
> FYI, this how I configured things:
>
> Pth (passes all tests):
>     ./configure --enable-optimize --enable-tests \
>         --enable-syscall-soft
>
> Db-1.3.17:
>     ./configure --enable-shared
>
> OpenLDAP:
>     ./configure  --with-threads=pth \
>         --enable-crypt --with-ldbm-api=berkeley \
>         --enable-shared --with-gnu=ld \
>         --without-yielding-select --enable-rlookups=no

I tried to use Pth with OpenLDAP 2.0.7 on HP-UX 10.20 because this
doesn't come
with threads and had the impression that the Pth support in OpenLDAP is
somehow
broken. Finally I gave up and compiled without threads because I had no
time to
fix it (and we'll drop HP-UX support anyway). One problem I remember was
that
Pth and OpenLDAP disagreed on the return codes. Pth was returning
something
which was meant to be success but OpenLDAP interpreted as an error
return code.
But on Linux you should be fine with LinuxThreads. At least the "make
test"
was successful for me (our production server is on Solaris).

Karsten.
begin:vcard
n:Künne;Karsten
tel;cell:+1 516 857 0406