How to move a contact from one OU to another

I am trying to move a contact from one OU to another.  I am trying to use
the ldapmodify command:

ldapmodify -f /home/mcoughlan/ldapmodtext -D "cn=Admin,o=GBB,c=US" -w secret

where ldapmodtext is:

dn: uuid=2, ou=Sales, o=GBB, c=US
changetype: modrdn
newrdn: uuid=2, ou=temp, o=GBB, c=US
deleteoldrdn: 0

I am also using the Java LDAP Browser/Editor version 2.8 (beta 2)by Jarek
Gawor to check my work.

I ran the command - there were no errors, but teh target "uuid=2, ou=Sales,
o=GBB, c=US" no longer appears in the LDAP Browser.  It also did not
reappear in ou=temp.  Where did it go? Did I miss something?

Versions:
RH 7.0
openldap-1.2.11-15
openldap-servers-1.2.11-15