Re: backend suffix ordering

Norbert Klasen wrote:

> Hi,
> how is the matching backend to a query of a particular dn determined?
> I want to have naming context of "dc=de" and "c=de". But this only works
> if "dc=de" appers before "c=de" in slapd.conf. Otherwise queries for
> "dc=de" are looked up in the wrong database.

suffixes are searched linearly; the search is linear among the backends
and, for
each backend, among the multiple suffixes a backend may accept.
The last N bytes of your base (after normalization) are compared to each
suffix;
N is the length of the suffix the base is being compared to.
There should also be a check on the position the base is being cut, which
should
be a dn delimiter. In your case, a base "...dc=de", when compared to a
suffix
"c=de", of course results in a match, so you're urged to put "dc=de" BEFORE

"c=de" in the suffix order.

Pierangelo

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8365
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it