slapd grows to 170M memory usage

Hello,

I am running slapd-2.0.7 on a debian "unstable" machine and after
importing a few users with the padl.com migration-tools and running a
few queries "top" shows the four slapd instances each claiming 170M
memory. The box was quickly running out of memory.

After restarting slapd the same problem occurs, so I am stuck in my ldap
migration plans.

Is there an explanation?

Thanks in advance,

--
 HIPPOLYTE: Dans un âge plus mûr moi-même parvenu,
            Je me suis applaudi quand je me suis connu.