Copying Database

I have just installed the openldap 2.0.7 on Red Hat 7. The directory
/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm is empty initially. When I try to copy the
/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/*dbb files of another machine to the directory, and
start up the slapd in the new installation , I find that I cannot retrieve any
entry from the new installation. Do I have to do anything else, besides just
copying the files to the directory. For example, do I need to manually create at
least the Manager entry in the new installation? Moreover, is there any tools to
import/export the ldap entries?

Thank you very much.