openldap question

Hi all,
I am running configure of OpenLDAP (2.0.7) and I am getting the following
error:
configure: warning: could not find suitable LDBM backend
configure: error: select appropriate LDBM options or disable

I installed Berkely LDBM (3.2) from sleepycat and installed it in the
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2 but the openldap doesn't seem to find it. Do I
have to provide the location through some command line option of configure
and if  so what is the command line option.
Since I am a newbie to openldap, I have the following questions:
1. Is it possible to run openldap without ldbm as the back end?
2. Is there any free NT port for OpenLDAP which I would be able to just
install without any compiling?
3. What commercial products do you recommend for LDAP server?

Cheers,

Sibon Barman
SS8 Networks, Inc.
Suite 500