Strong authentication required

Hi,

i'm using OpenLDAP 2.0.7 (as LDAP-client-library, only) in conjunction
with PHP 4.0.4pl1. It works fine when using it to query a LDAP server
with an anonymous bind. However non-anonymous-binds do not work. I only
get:

Warning: LDAP: Unable to bind to server: Strong authentication required
in /home/httpd/html/ldapmod.php4 on line 6

I've installed every additional software mentioned in the administration
manual:

The latest kerberous-packages from the RedHat 6.1-update:
krb5-configs-1.1.1-25
krb5-libs-1.1.1-25
krb5-devel-1.1.1-25
krb5-workstation-1.1.1-25
krb5-server-1.1.1-25

openssl-0.9.6:
./config --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/etc/ssl shared

cyrus-sasl-1.5.24:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc

openldap-2.0.7:
./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-debug --disable-slapd
--disable-slurpd

The LDAP server is a Novell NDS-gateway. I'm not able to change it's
configuration.

So what else do I have to install in order to get strong authentication
working?

Regards,
Jonny