Re: Netscape and SSL OpenLDAP

Timo Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to query my OpenLDAP 2.0.7 with Netscape Communicator 4.72 over SSL.
>
> First of all it works fine when I dont select secure and connect to 389
> without SSL. When I select secure I can query the OpenLDAP server exactly one
> time. The first query is answered, the next query does not show up an error
> message but says connecting to server all the time.

You need to feed your ldap server certificate to communicator, by issuing a
request
of the form

https://your.ldap.server:636

This is a trick I read in some posting, there should be cleaner ways, though.

Pierangelo Masarati.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8365
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it