Re: I want to create a good ldap tree

Tom wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm a french student and I must create a LDAP tree for an enterprise.
> So i will ask you some advises.
> I've got a problem with the identification of the persons.
> There are 3 categories :
> - employee
> - customer
> - supplier

o=Enterprise
ou=customer,o=Enterprise
ou=employeee,o=Enterprise
ou=supplier,o=Enterprise

> Each employee has got an uid (his login like "tqueste") and a password
> (userPassword).
> But the customers and the suppliers haven't got any of these
> attributes. All theirs attributes are:
> - surname/givenname (or common name ?)
> - postaladdress
> - phonenumber
> - phonenumber2
> - mobile
> - e-mail
>
> My question is : How can I identify a customer or a supplier ?

It will be easier to work with if you have one attribute common to all entry
dn's. You want it to be something in all of the records, even if you
have to make it up. :-)

So:
uid=tqueste,ou=employeee,o=Enterprise
uid=cust127,ou=customer,o=Enterprise
uid=supplier118,ou=supplier,o=Enterprise

or:
mail=tqueste@free.fr,ou=employeee,o=Enterprise
mail=snapdragon@boo.fr,ou=customer,o=Enterprise
mail=supplier118@free.fr,ou=supplier,o=Enterprise

or:
cn=Tom Queste,ou=employeee,o=Enterprise
cn=John Doe,ou=customer,o=Enterprise
cn=Mark Snarfflebottom,ou=supplier,o=Enterprise

-ROnabop

--
Personal:  ron@opus1.com, 520-326-6109, http://www.opus1.com/ron/
Work: rchmara@pnsinc.com, 520-546-8993, http://www.pnsinc.com/