RE: losing entries after restarting server

I checked the slapd.conf file and my directory is in /var/run/ not /var/tmp.

Julie

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony E . Greene [mailto:agreene@pobox.com]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 4:14 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: losing entries after restarting server

On Mon, 05 Feb 2001 17:42:55 Julie Mather wrote:
>I've lost all of my entries after I restarted my server.  I shutdown,
>restarted, and then restarted slapd and all of my users are gone.  What
>configuration do I have wrong?

If you're using a Linux box, your DBM file was probably stored in the
default directory "/var/tmp". That directory is periodically cleaned up
because it is assumed to contain temporary files. This default needs to be
changed in the RPM file if i hasn't been already.

You'll need to recreate your database and put it in a different directory. I
created /var/slapd/ for my data. Update /etc/openldap/slapd.conf to reflect
the new location. I hope you still have your LDIF file...

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D