2.0.7 with Berkeley DB 3.1.17: Memory leak?

I set up OpenLDAP 2.0.7 with Berkeley DB 3.1.17 on a Ultra-2 sparc
with Solaris 8 and had to notice, that the memory footprint is growing
very fast.  The server is running for a day now and it consumes 590MB
at the moment (growing ca. 1MB per 5 minutes).

The directory consists of ca. 60000 entries and we had ca. 450000
connections to the server in the last 24 hours.

All I can see in the logs is the following message:
 ldbm: ==> set_cachesize: method meaningless in shared environment
which arrives quite often but randomly (sometimes 5 times in one
second, than 2 or 5 minutes no message,...).

Any idea what's going wrong here or how to fix the problem?
Does it make sense to try out Sleepycat Berkeley DB 3.2.9?
I run a similar setup on a Ultra-1 with Solaris 2.6 and gdbm as the
database backend and this only used 6-7 MB RAM.  But the README files
recommends Berkeley DB, so I switched over to it.  Would switching
back to Berkeley DB solve my problem?

Tschoeeee

        Roland