Re: Problem with 2.0.7: cpu usage

Hi!

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 02:14:54PM +0100, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
> Pedro Melo wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm using 2.0.7 with qmail-ldap. The ldap server contains around 270k
> > entries.
> > We are getting 1 query/sec avg, but we have peek's of 30 or more per sec.
> >
> > Performance is ok, and everything works like a charm most of the time,
> > but from time to time, slapd start's to eat all the CPU, and stop's
> > anwsering queries. Load's shoot up to 32 (strangly, is always the same
> > load avg...)
> >
> > Another thing that happens ist that I start loosing entries, but I
> > suppose that's because I have no other choice than to killall -9 slapd
> > and restart it...
> >
> > Is there a "debug guide", hints on where to look for what's going on?
>
> I experienced something similar in the past; I saw postings that hinted
> to tcp wrappers and rlookups as possible causes; not directly themselves,
> but their frequent resorting to dns calls, possibly combined with dns
> malfunctions. As a matter of fact, I noted a reduction of such occurrences
> when compiling without tcp wrappers and when using IPs instead of host
> names for very demanding clients (web/proxy/imap auth, sendmail, and so).

I compiled openldap 2.0.7 without rlookup's and without tcp wrapper support...
Here's my configure line:

./configure  --prefix=/servers/ldap --disable-wrappers --enable-ldbm --enable-
slurpd --with-subdir=no --disable-rlookups

--
Pedro Melo Cunha - <melo@isp.novis.pt>
Novis - Dir. Rede - ISP - Infraes. Portal <http://www.novis.pt/>