Re: Access control for services

Yes, it is possible, but may require some work. I've done it for
Squid by writing an external authenticator which searches for
a user by using an appropriate filter (&(uid=xxx)(httpaccess=ok)) and
having an slapd index on all attributes to make it fast. That was no
big problem. You could take the contrib `ldap-auth' and hack that in.

Sendmail may be a bigger problem. Just thinking out loud here: if
sendmail would recognize a user as being local when using nss_ldap
then you could easily hack nss_ldap to use an appropriate filter.
Otherwise I wouldn't know how...

FTP should be easy: try ProFTPD which supports LDAP. You can possibly
use your own filter.

Regards,
	-JP