Re: ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method

At 04:24 PM 1/18/01 -0500, Mike Schiraldi wrote:
>Still can't fix the "ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication
>method".

This implies the server doesn't implement LDAP SASL bind
or doesn't support the requested SASL mechanism.

>Perhaps iPlanet's 4.11 LDAP server isn't standards-compliant.

I prefer not to use words like "standards-complaint" as it
implies that LDAP is something more than a defacto standard.
LDAPv2 is a Draft Standard, LDAPv3 is a Proposed Standard.
LDAPv2 will be moved to historical once LDAPv3 is revised
and published as a Draft Standard (which, if we are lucky,
will occur this year).

Given that "Authentication Methods for LDAP" (RFC2829)
is not even a year old and the I-D making it clear that
it a integral part of LDAPv3 specification has yet to
published, it is understandable that some vendors may
not yet implemented these features.  I'd expect most vendors
to provide implementations of RFC2829 in their next major
release.

Kurt