Re: replication

ritujai@netindial.com wrote:

> what happens when master LDAP server goes down or
> fails to the slave LDAP server which is a replication
> server to the master

The slave continues to operate as normal.  The master
LDAP server is responsible for maintaining a change log
which slurpd uses to send changes to the slave.  If the master
is down, there will be not updates to the change log.

Of course, I am only speaking technically of OpenLDAP's
slapd and slurpd.  Other vendors or projects may give
you a different answer.

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter@valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry@samba.org