Outlook and Calendar?

Newbie-questions:

I'd like to integrate an LDAP-Server instead of Exchange (or Openmail from HP) because software-price is a very important argument for me. (And the customer...)

The customer is already using Outlook 2000 and the tasks to be performed should be:

- Adressbook with his customers shared on the server so that all employes (4 ;-) can access it. (Whith LDAP, no problem?)

- Calendar must also be shared on the server. (Do I need a special calendar-server or can LDAP handle this?)

If I want to include some new fields in Outlook 2000 (like the name of the customers dog) can I set then the LDAP attributes myself?

Thank you

Walter