Re: Converting an Out Look addressbook to ldif

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:05:12 Alberto Silos Reis wrote:
>How can I convert an outlook addressbook to ldif format.  Can I do this
>only with netscape?

Make sure all the entries are in the Outlook address book.

Import the Outlook Address book into Outlook Express. This will resolve all
the Exchange addresses and convert them into SMTP addresses.

Export the Outlook Express address book into a comma-delimited text file.

Use your favorite text processing tool to convert the comma-delimited file
to LDIF. I use the quotewords() function in Perl's Text::ParseWords module.
See attached example script.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D

# Load the required module.
use Text::ParseWords;

# Normally I would read from STDIN using a line like this:
#    while ($line = <STDIN>) {
# but I set the values for this example.
$line = '"Anthony Greene","Anthony","Greene","agreene@pobox.com"';

# Parse the line.
@fields = &quotewords(',',0,$line);

# Set variable values based on the array values.
my $cn = $fields[0];
my $givenname = $fields[1];
my $sn = $fields[2];
my $mail = $fields[3];

# Output the values.
print "dn: cn=$cn,dc=my_org,dc=my_domain\n";
print "cn: $cn\n";
print "givenname: $givenname\n";
print "sn: $sn\n";
print "mail: $mail\n";
print "\n";

# Here I would normally end my while loop.
# }

# end of script.
exit;