[Fwd: objectclass]

--- Begin Message ---
So having looked at this and another few websites, can I just clarify that
objectclass is an attribute identifier and it can have many attribute
values.

                                    ie objectclass: person
                                    objectclass: organizationalUnit
and depending on those values and the core schema definition or whichever
one is included your slapd.conf file certain values have to be entered ie
for objectclass: person you have to also give sn and cn??

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 05:32 PM 1/8/01 +0000, Celine Murphy wrote:
> >Can anyone interpret the ldif format for me? I know what dn, sn and cn
> >stand for. But what do these mean..
>
> Before attempting to use OpenLDAP, I suggest you acquire some
> basic knowledge about LDAP and LDAP based directory services.
> See the FAQ (http://www.openldap.org/faq/) and archives for
> various online and offline resources.
>
> Kurt

--- End Message ---