From: Javier [mailto:tecnico@rdi-net.com]
Sent: 5. januar 2001 09:29
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Server-specific Data Requeriments

Hello!
I've been read the RFC 2251 and it tells that:
" An LDAP server MUST provide information about itself and other
information that is specific to each server. This is represented as a
group of attributes located in the root DSE (DSA-Specific Entry),which
is named with the zero-length LDAPDN. "

Well, I have been instaled an OpenLDAP server version 2.0.14 in one
machine with IP 192.168.0.44 and Netscape Directory Server in other
machine with IP 192.168.0.33

I do the next request at both machines :
  ldapsearch -s base-h 192.168.0.33 -b "" '(objectclass=*)'

The machine with Netscape Directory Server answer with the next
information:
  dn:
 objectclass: top
 namingcontexts: o=rdi-net.com
 namingcontexts: o=NetscapeRoot
 subschemasubentry: cn=schema
 supportedcontrol: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.2
 supportedcontrol: 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.3
 supportedldapversion: 2
 supportedldapversion: 3

but the anwer of the OpenLdap server is:
 dn:
 objectclass: top
 objectclass: OpenLDAProotDSE

And the others attributes don't appear.

Whitch is the problem?

I don'n have the entries cn=monitor and cn=schema on the root of the
OpenLDAP Server
but this entries appear on the root of thr NetscapeDirectory Server.

What I do for add this entries?

Thank for all!
Bye