Re: LDAP-Question about connection to a central database

It is certainly possible to have an RDBMS synchronize with an LDAP
directory. Since you are posting here, I am supposing you are using
OpenLDAP; I don't know of any tools that do this for you.

You will probably have to design your own code for doing that. In
principle, you "SELECT * FROM dbtable" and compare by doing an
equivilant of ldapsearch if all attribute types and their values
are set in the directory. If not you do an ldap_modify(3). If an
entry is not in the directory, you'll have to ldap_add(3) it and
if an entry is in the directory but not in the database, you would
probably ldap_delete(3) it.

It is not difficult to do, but requires careful thought. I've been
able to do this, because I will have a maximum of about 10k entries.
This alone already takes a good 20 minutes to sync.

Regards,
	-JP