Re: Operational attrs: createTimestamp and modifyTimestamp...

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Paul Duffy wrote:

> Several gurus in the archives have stated that modifyTimestamp is not set
> when a new entry is added to a directory.
> I've tried the following experiment using the same LDIF file...
>
> 1. ldapadd a new entry into OpenLDAP 2.0.7
> 2. Import a new entry into Netscape DS 4.1 via the console GUI.
>
> On both systems, an ldapsearch on the new entry reveals that both
> modifyTimestamp and createTimestamp are created with identical values.

It may have been the case in the past. But I haven't seen any remark
lately about it. Nor can I recall it being listed as fixed but I would
rather trust the release notes then my private storage.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.