LDAP authentication for accounts on diff. servers

Hi all,
	I have openldap configured on my machine and have accounts for various people on various servers.Now,i want some kind of authentication mechanism so that only authorised users i.e. users having accounts in my organisation only irrespective of which server the account is on,should be able to access information from ldap  and anonymous users should not be allowed.
I have thought of a way wherein i have created a database with a diff. password for each user and now,want authentication against this password.
What do i need to do for this?
any help would be great!

Thanks,
Vineeta