Re: 2.0.7 newbie questions.

On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, Jesper wrote:

> I'm a newbie to openLDAP.
> one of my problems is that I do not get the openLDAP data storing
> structure....
>
> I've tried to add something with slapadd but i can't get ldapsearch to work
> :-(

Have a look at the document I put on my homepage. It may be usefull to get
a grasp.

> I'll be glad if someone would explain the data structure to me :-)
> What does "suffix" and "rootdn" in slapd.conf mean ??

suffix : What is beyond ALL entries in your database.
rootdn : Identifier for 'root' access. (It's the admin.)

Hugo.

hvdkooij@caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
This message has not been checked and may contain harmfull content.