configuring with cyrus sasl

On Solaris 2.7, I am trying to run the configure script to build openLDAP
with cyrus sasl. I have the cyrus sasl libraries built, and have set LDFLAGS
to point to the sasl libs. I have also included the sasl lib dir in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH....

BUT, when I run the configure script, I get the following:

checking for sasl_client_init in -lsasl... no
configure: error: Could not locate Cyrus SASL

Ouput from nm indicates that the function is there in the library.

Any tips on how to get this sasl stuff configured would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

- DAP

David Parker - eBusiness Technologies - (401) 752-4497

"If we become too serious we will lose our way."
                                         - Shunryu Suzuki