Re: Ldap Servers sharing same mount point

Hi Randy,

I used different values for "updatedn" and "rootdn".
It seems, updatedn value overrides rootdn. Trying to
add an entry by binding "rootdn" gave "NO Such Object"
error (error 32). Iwas able to add entries only using
"updatedn".

The following are the values in my slapd.conf

#############################
defaultaccess write

database        ldbm
suffix          "o=company1.com"
suffix          "o=/"
suffix          "uid=admin"
rootdn          "uid=admin"
rootpw         secret

updatedn "uid=test4@cyder.com,ou=People,o=20000,o=/"
updateref ldap://10.8.4.185
#referral ldap://10.8.4.185

directory      /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm

ldapadd -D "uid=admin" -w secret < /tmp/ldiffile
gives "No Such Object error" (Error Code 32)

ldapadd -D "uid=test5@cyder.com,ou=People,o=2000,o=/"
-w password5 < /tmp/ldiffile
gives the same error as before

ldapadd -D "uid=test4@cyder.com,ou=People,o=20000,o=/"
-w password4 < /tmp/ldiffile
works. BUt, the Master is not updated.

Is there a directive "updateref" that can be placed in
OLdap 1.2.11 slapd.conf

ThanX
Santhosh