RE: openldap backup procedures?

My 2 cents....

For backup, is it not sufficient to back up the files in
/usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/ (or wherever) ??

For export and import, using 2.x, I've been using slapcat, removing *.dbb
from /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm/, and slapadd.  This seems to work,
although I HAVE been experiencing some weirdness (probably my own doing)
lately.

Steve