[Date Prev][Date Next]
Solaris and LDAP
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Solaris and LDAP
- From: Roger Martensson <Roger.Martensson@ite.mh.se>
- Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:40:09 +0100
- Organization: Mid Sweden University College
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; m18) Gecko/20001108 Netscape6/6.0
I've been assigned to take a deeper look at LDAP servers as a NIS
As you can see I have taken OpenLDAP as a testplatform and might even
use it in a production enviroment if we find it stable enough.
Now to my problem.
When I try to add a Solaris 8 computer to the LDAP server it complains.
After digging through the man pages i tried to create a profile for my
In this profile I find attributes and objectclasses that I cant find a
Help! Where can I find this? (SunSolve Online doesn't help very much).
Now to my next question.
And that concerns LDAP and Solaris 7. I downloaded nss_ldap and tried to
compile it but it failed. Anyone that has expirience with nss_ldap that
can help me? (The nice thing with nss_ldap is that it works with linux
and our number of linux users are increasing).
Thanks in advance,
Roger Martensson E-Mail: Roger.Martensson@ite.mh.se
S-831 42 OSTERSUND Magister Mundi Sum
SWEDEN Work: +46-(0)63-16 54 45
Home: +46-(0)63-139583 Cell: +46-(0)70-629 54 45