Redhat - start script

Hi all,

I recently built OpenLDAP 2.0.x on a Redhat 2.6 box without uninstalling the
previous OpenLDAP 1.x RPM.

I modified the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ldap script (and the associated functions
script) to work with the new locations of OpenLDAP.  (I just used defaults
when building).  Everything works EXCEPT one annoyance:

When I run "ldap stop" I get:
[root@amsldap1 init.d]# ./ldap start
Starting ldap:                                             [  OK  ]
[root@amsldap1 init.d]# ./ldap status
slapd (pid 2567 2565 2563) is running...
[root@amsldap1 init.d]# ./ldap stop
Shutting down ldap: kill: (2565) - No such pid
kill: (2563) - No such pid
                                                          [  OK ]

I don't see this warning with the old version; I was hoping somebody could
enlighten me? The ONLY changes I made to the scripts (ldap and functons)
were to change the appropriate paths....

BTW, it does seem to work OK, but it bugs me.

TIA

Steve