Re: createtimestamp

Carl St-Jacques wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed a new openldap server and i activate the lastmod to on. I didn't
> defined any acl yet. I tried to manually add the createtimestamp attribute
> but i had this error: "no user modification allowed".

That's correct, createtimestamp is an operational attribute that users
cannot modify.  ACLs do not enter in the picture.  The servers sets its
value when the entry is created and you cannot modify it afterwards,
through the standard protocol, that is.

BTW, on LDAPv3 (the model that OpenLDAP 2.x tries to follow),  it is not
returned by default, you have to demand it by name.  So maybe it is already
there only you don't see it...

Julio