replicating attribute with no value

Hi,
I have OpenLDAP version 1.2.11 running on 2 of my (solaris 2.7) servers. One as the master and the other as slave.

The problem i am facing now is:
When i do a modification to the master using netscape's ldapjdk(LDAPModification.REPLACE), entries are modified in the master but it is not repliated to the slave.

After much testing, I found out that it is due to some attributes with empty string. This is a snapshot of the slapd.replog:

replica: 123.123.1.1
time: 975032627
dn: UID=PRODSC1,OU=MEMBERS,O=MYABC.COM
changetype: modify
replace: cn
cn: sc
-
replace: sn
sn: wee
-
replace: age
age:
-
replace: gender
gender: F
-

The attribute age has no value (It is not an required attribute). The master ldap has no problem with that but it seems that the replication to the slave ldap doesn't like that. Only when i removed these lines:
        replcae:age
        age:
        -

The modification can be repliated over.

Does anyone has a solution for that? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Siao-Chiun