Re: really slow queries

Andy De Petter wrote:

> We started doing some other tests, and it seems that one simple query
> (searchfilter like '(sn=mysn)') takes upto 15 seconds !!!!
>
> Have we overlooked something, or is this normal behaviour?

maybe this is caused by the referrals... slapd searches the whole db for an
objectclass=referral, this lasts very long, if you don't obtain an index on
objectclass...
so add an 'index objectclass eq' line to your slapd.conf, or 'disable' the
referrals with the option -M of ldapsearch
u can also disable referrals in the source code, (that's what we did) if u
don't plan to use them at all...

regards
daniel
--