From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Matthew
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 2:43 PM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Greatest value

This might be off topic, and if it is, I'd be happy to repost in the proper

Is there a way to search the directory for a maximum value?

	My LDAP stores UIDnumbers for users on the UNIX systems we administer.  To
create a new user, I need the next available UID (which is the highest UID +

In a standard sql database, I could just set this value as a key and have it
auto-increment with each new record.  Is there a similar feature in LDAP, or
a search filter that will give me the greatest value of an attribute?

Thank you for any support. And again, I will be happy to repost in an
appropriate place.

Matthew Hoskins -- Cisco Certified Network Associate
Ponyexpress.net / MagicCablePC / NPGCO
Systems Administrator