Re: ldap_mod_add() (creating attributes)

Section 8 of the administrators guide tells you how to use standard
schemas and to extend them for your own purposes

> I guess this is my question, and I'm sorry for the
> confusion:  With LDAP can I make my own schema
> (attributes and/or objectclass) or am I locked in to
> using the predefines (ie. person,inetorgperson,etc)?
> The predefined objects/attribs don't really fit what I
> need.
>
> I would like to be able to create myObjectclass with
> my own (all plaintext strings) attributes (firstname,
> lastname, extension, etc) instead of the standard
> cn,sn, etc.
>
> Maybe MySQL is more what I need/want.
begin:vcard
n:Clegg;Dave
tel;fax:626 798-3788
tel;home:626 798-1746
tel;work:510 922-3377
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Sybase, Inc.
adr:;;1704 Skyview Drive;Altadena;CA;91001;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:davec@sybase.com
title:Engineering Director
x-mozilla-cpt:;29040