Re: High Availability (was: Re: slave2master replication)

El 13 Nov 2000, a las 22:03, GOMBAS Gabor escribió:

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 04:36:03PM -0300, Mariano Absatz wrote:
>
> > Is it possible/reasonable/ridiculous putting the .../var/openldap-ldbm in
> > a share nfs directory?
>
> You want HA and are talking about NFS??? NFS does not have _any_ replication
> capabilities so if the NFS server dies...
Yup, but our customer has a redundant disk, redundant cpu, redundant
power and redundant don't-know-what-else black box nfs server that he
trusts, so I'm trying this possibility also...

> Not to mention that it won't work; see
> http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/env/remote.html. The relevant part:
>
> Obviously, NFS-mounted databases cannot be accessed from more than one
> Berkeley DB environment (and therefore from more than one system), at a time
> [...]
OK, THIS is what I needed (it WON'T work, anyway)... any other thoughts?
or the main ldap server is down and that's just it?